Some quick Giants news and notes –
- In an interview with Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, Aaron Rowand had an odd response to a Giants-related question (Hank Schulman tweets that he’ll ask him about it tomorrow):
JC: Thing you miss most about playing for Chicago?
Rowand: Wearing the road uniform. And you know why? Because it said ‘Chicago’ across the front. I got goose bumps every time I would put it on.
JC: Not so with San Francisco?
Rowand: [Pause] Let’s talk about the Bears again.
- Carlos Beltran has a strain in his hand/wrist area, tweets Carl Steward; he could return as early as tomorrow.
- Barry Zito made his first rehab start with the San Jose Giants this evening. He struck out seven over 7.2 innings, allowing three runs on seven hits and two walks.
- As you’ve probably heard by now, no Giants were suspended for the Phillies-Giants brawl the other night. Ramon Ramirez and Eli Whiteside received fines, as did Placido Polanco; Shane Victorino, on the other hand, will serve a three-game suspension.
- Bruce Bochy and some others on the Giants staff were able to overcome their tobacco habits through hypnotherapy. (This may or not be directly related to Brandon Belt’s lack of playing time).
- Bryan Stow continues to make progress in his recovery.