- Brandon Belt has the third-highest projected OPS+, behind Carlos Beltran and Pablo Sandoval.
- Unlike the Bill James projections, ZiPS projects Melky Cabrera (106 OPS+) to be a significantly better hitter than Andres Torres (91 OPS+).
- Gary Brown is projected to be essentially a league-average hitter — the same OPS+ (99) as Cody Ross and Nate Schierholtz.
- Brandon Crawford is at a 70 OPS+, among the worst Giants hitters whose projections are listed. This would constitute a very minimal improvement in 2012.
- Eric Surkamp, 142 IP, 101 ERA+, 116 K/59 BB.